No bake, incredibly quick, and full of caramel, cinnamon, and apples, these Caramel Apple Trifles are the ultimate apple treat! A simple Fall recipe!
There’s obviously a lot of cinnamon, apples, and caramel sauce. So many of my fave autumnal items! And, unlike many trifles, they employ granola instead of cake or brownies or anything like. It not only adds crunch, but it also lightens up the trifles somewhat. I really enjoy the texture and taste of it with the apples and caramel, but you could also use pound cake.
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp (56g) packed brown sugar
CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Cinnamon Granola (I used this granola)
- Make the caramel sauce according to the recipe. Cool caramel to about room temperature.
- To make the apples, combine apples, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar in a medium pan and toss to coat.
- Cook apples for about 10-15 minutes, or until at preferred softness. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- To make cinnamon whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Once everything is made and ready, build the trifles. Add an even layer of whipped cream into the bottom of the cup or jar you are using.
- Add about 2 tbsp granola in an even layer.
- Drizzle about one tablespoon of caramel sauce over granola.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apples over the caramel.
- Repeat the layers once more then drizzle more caramel over the tops of each trifle.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until ready to serve. Trifles are best when eaten within 1-2 days.
*You can replace the caramel sauce with a store-bought sauce, if preferred.