are you ready for this recipe? Yes, I really hope this recipe can inspire you to make dishes that you have never made before, now this recipe may be used as food for your family at home, in addition to the process which is relatively short in making, but also has a truly extraordinary taste.
the combination of potato curry and chickpea salad will be an extraordinary blend that creates a very delicious taste to be enjoyed with the family at home.
so let’s follow the recipe review below!
Curried Potato and Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes (I used yukon gold), cut into 3/4 – 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded or chopped small
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced (some leaves ok too)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, to garnish (optional)
Curry Tahini Dressing
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons water, + more as needed
- juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I used sriracha) or 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or hot paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of salt
- Potatoes: Place potatoes into a medium/large pot, fill pot with water, covering potatoes with at least 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, turn heat to medium-low, place lid slightly askew, and cook potatoes in gently boiling water for about 10 minutes. Potatoes should be al dente. Drain, and set aside to cool a bit.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the tahini and water, mix well. Add the lemon juice, curry, hot sauce, onion powder and salt, mix well to combine. Add a tad more water as needed to create desired consistency. You don’t want the dressing to be too thick (I ended up using about 2 tablespoons extra). Use your best judgement. (If using vegan mayo as per the notes, simply combine everything at once and mix well.) Taste for seasoning. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Salad: In a large bowl, add potatoes, celery, carrots, green onions, chickpeas, and cilantro. Top with dressing, and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Serve chilled, at room temp, even warm is ok too. Top with chopped chives or sliced green onions. Garnish with more freshly chopped cilantro if you like.