Egg Tacos Recipe
Healthy food menu begins the activity of the child
- 8 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt or salt reduced cream style corn
- 2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) shredded lettuce
- 8 tbsp (120 mL) taco sauce
- 8 tbsp (120 mL) sour cream (optional)
- Warm taco shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, corn and taco seasoning mix in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stir gently, until heated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese.
- Fill each taco shell with about 1/3 cup (75 mL) egg mixture. Garnish each with 3 tbsp (45 mL) lettuce, 1 tbsp (15 mL) taco sauce, 1 tbsp (15 mL) sour cream, if desired, and 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese.