Jayapura Typical Galangal Fried Chicken
- 1 small size chicken + - 700 gram
- 2 cm turmeric, puree
- 5 cloves of garlic, puree
- 6 cloves shallot, puree
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 5 pieces of lime
- 2 lemongrass stalks, geprek
- 150 gram galangal, thinly grated
- To taste salt, sugar, powdered broth
- 350 ml of water
- Boil water, add lemon grass and lemon leaves. If the water boils, add all the spices. Add salt, sugar and powdered broth. Taste and correct if it's not right yet. Then add the chopped chicken.
- Peel the chicken until the water has shrunk by about 50% (the pervasive seasoning) over low - medium heat. I held it for a while.
- Turn off the stove. Prepare hot oil for frying. Separate the chicken from the seasoning, then set aside the seasoning in a small container. Everything drained, yeah ... don't join the water, it will be fried later.
- Fried chicken first with a lot of oil on medium heat. Lift when the chicken is yellowish brown.
- Reduce the amount of oil, then fry the spices until brown
- Serve the chicken and sprinkle the marinated spices on top. Enjoy with rice and other side dishes. Moreover, added shrimp paste cooked.
- Chicken and spices that are not fried can be stored in the refrigerator for frying if necessary.