Mojito, cocktail alla menta e lime
- White rum: 50 ml
- Mint: 10 leaflets
- Carbonated water
- Lime juice
- Pour the sugar, mint and lime juice into a tall glass, stir gently to release all the aroma of the mint.
- 2Add some ice cubes, pour the rum, the sparkling water, then mix with the straw and decorate with a few mint leaves.
- The ingredients must mix and not get crushed because if the mint is excessively crushed, it releases an aroma that is too bitter, unpleasant to taste.
- To give a sweeter and more pleasant taste, however, more and more often the water is replaced with soda which helps to give a slightly bitter taste.
- 5The Mojito can also be prepared with dark rum or a mix of white rum and dark rum, we suggest this if you want to make a great impression with the barman, it seems to be more connoisseurs!
What we have proposed is the original recipe, in Italy the "European" version has spread, according to which raw cane sugar is used instead of white sugar and chopped lime and not juice. These ingredients, together with mint, are gently crushed in the glass.