Ratatouille comes from the word “touiller” which means “throwing food”. Ratatouille is usually served as an appetizer. Ratatouille itself is a kind of vegetarian cuisine that serves more delicious than just major vegetables. Ratatouille has a filling that consists of types of vegetables but the resulting flavor is so delicious, making it a main dish that is not less prestigious than foods containing meat, chicken and seafood or seafood in France.
French Ratatouille itself is served with rice, potatoes or bread as a complement. Usually served as lunch with typical French breads also accompanied by potatoes as a complement. All contents of ratarouille food are sauteed using olive oil, garlic and some herbal plants.
Here are the ingredients and how to make Ratatouille:
- 200 grams of red tomatoes.
- 1 Bombay onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Herbal plants
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fine kitchen salt
- 1 tablespoon, olive oil for spread
- 5 tablespoons, olive oil for stir-fry
- 1 piece, Zucchini (Cucumber) cut into 1 cm
- 1 ½ cm Eggplant 2 pieces of purple eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- The first step is to cut all the ingredients, such as cucumber, onion, etc.
- Next Please spread the purple eggplants first, cut by 1 and a half centimeters with olive oil
- After that, roast aubergine until golden brown
- The next step cut eggplants into four pieces, and set aside
- Then saute onions, garlic, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers, stir gently and wait for the fragrance to smell.
- Then input the purple eggplants that have been cut into stir
- Next add zucchini, tomatoes, mixed herbs, black pepper, and also a little salt, wait until cooked
- Finally, lift the ratatouille and be ready to be served at the dinner table while it's warm