Cooking meat rendang should use beef that has the best quality, and choose meat that is still fresh. Let’s try this very popular Indonesian recipe.
Rendang Meat Padang
- 500 grams beef, cut into 8 or 10 parts
- 600 ml thick coconut milk, from one half coconut
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 300 ml water
Ground spices :
- 10 red sliced chilies
- 6 red bottom grains
- 3 white bottom cloves
- 3 cm of turmeric
- 3 cm of ginger
- 3 cm galangal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 saffron leaves
- 1 lemongrass stem
- 2 candis
- Saute the spices until fragrant, add the meat, stir until it changes color.
- Add turmeric leaves, lemongrass, and kandis acid. Stir slowly.
- Add water. Cook until the water shrinks. Stir slowly occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, cook over medium heat.
- Leave it until the meat is tender, the sauce is dry, and oily. Lift, serve.