Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
The recipe for teriyaki salmon is a seared salmon fillet covered with homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 4 salmon fillets (approximately 4 ounces each)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For the teriyaki sauce: Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and sesame oil in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Set sauce aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salmon, skin side up in the pan and sear until a golden brown crust forms, about 5 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook for approximately 5 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon. Add the sesame seeds and green onions and serve.
NUTRITIONCalories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 556mg | Potassium: 619mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.2mg