This Sausage Tortellini Alfredo is perfect comfort food! Alfredo seasoned with sausage and blended together with tortellini – it’s full of flavor and a favorite meal of ours!
The hubs is a huge lover of a few things when it comes to meals, but one of them is pasta. He’s a fairly decent eater and pasta is one of those dishes that will be sure to fill him up. In addition, the leftovers are delicious and convenient for him to take to work.
This specific pasta is one we prepared a good bit throughout my pregnancy. It’s simple to put together, and the sausage is one of my favorite parts. Sausage was a meat that I couldn’t really get enough of and there’s loads of sausage flavor in this meal.
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1lb 3oz package brats (I used Johnsonville Brats)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large pot of boiling water, cook the tortellini according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook the brats until cooked through. Remove from pan, slice and set aside.
- Leave the juices from cooking the sausage in the pan, then add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and whisk until lightly browned, about one minute.
- Gradually add the milk and heavy whipping cream, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted. If you find the sauce is a little thick, you can always add a touch more milk.
- Stir in the sausage and pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.