If you possess a slow cooker, you already know how to convert cheap ingredients into a 5-star dish. A crock pot may make any kind of soup, stew, pasta, casserole, or even dessert. It enables you to prepare a dinner ahead of time and return home to a completely cooked dish for your family to enjoy.
Can You Put Raw Beef in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, raw beef can be cooked in a slow cooker. Browning the beef before putting it in the Crock-Pot is a step in many slow-cooker chili recipes. Caramelizing the meat provides deeper, fuller tastes, while it isn’t required. However, if you don’t want to clean an additional dish or don’t have time to do so, you may omit this step!
How To Make Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef Flank Steak cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 3 green on
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl. Coat each piece of steak in cornstarch and place in slow cooker. Discard any remaining cornstarch.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice, topped with additional sliced green onions.