This tea is incredibly simple to prepare. Start out with making a strawberry syrup that will offer the flavor to the tea. Water, Equal Spoonful and strawberries are heated to a boil, bringing out the strawberry tastes. Once cooked and cooled, drain the strawberries and discard.
The strawberry syrup will be poured to standard sweet tea and sweetened with a little of vanilla.
It’s fantastic served with some strawberry slices and is very fun and refreshing for summer. The hubby and I enjoyed the flavor — it’s a fantastic twist from your regular sweet tea.
And be sure to enter the contest for the prize package below! There’s some fantastic products for making good coffee and tea using Equal. Good luck!
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful
- 2 cups strawberry halves
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 7 regular sized tea bags
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, Equal Spoonful and strawberries to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove syrup from the heat and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Strain strawberry syrup and discard strawberries.
- To make the tea, bring the water to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Add the tea bags and remove the pot from the heat. Allow the tea to steep and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Pour the tea, vanilla and strawberry syrup into a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve.